Sports Marketing and Sponsorship - US - October 2010
The U.S. sports marketing and sponsorship market is highly dynamic, operating at a range of athletic levels, from professional leagues to grade school programs, and involves leagues and teams marketing themselves, as well as sponsors marketing their own brands.
Driven by a wide range of factors, including the growing number of men in the U.S., dedicated fan bases at the pro and college level, rising ticket prices, increased marketing to fill seats at new stadiums across the country, and big-ticket games such as the Super Bowl, The NBA Finals and the World Series, the market attracts national brands seeking ways to market their products. This report provides in-depth coverage of these factors, as well as close examination of the following:
- The impact of the staggering economy on game attendance and sponsor involvement in pro and college leagues
- The level of TV viewership and how leagues, teams and sponsors use traditional media to advertise
- How online and mobile programming are changing the nature of sports content viewing, sponsorship and marketing
- Key marketing strategies by the top four pro leagues—NFL,MLB, NBA and NHL—and how sponsors employ athletes to market their brands
- Which sports are the most watched at various levels of sport
- Which types of merchandise sports fans are most likely to buy and why
- How fans interact with one another, with an emphasis on web media
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.