Streaming Media - Ireland - September 2018
“The value of the media streaming market continues to grow in Ireland, as consumers increasingly prefer to access content via streaming services compared to traditional means. Some consumers, however, would be willing to accept advertising on paid streaming services in return for a discount on their subscription.”
– James Wilson, Research Analyst
This Report looks at the following areas:
- Video-on-demand (VoD) platforms that exist alongside a broadcaster’s/provider’s linear TV service in order to provide access to time-shifted content via the internet (eg BBC iPlayer, Sky Go etc).
- Subscription video-on-demand (SVoD) services that require a monthly payment (eg Netflix, Now TV).
- Other forms of online video service such as those that allow viewers to purchase individual shows (eg TalkTalk TV Store), or access TV programmes or clips on video streaming sites (eg YouTube) that are funded by advertising.
- Live TV, DVD/Blu-Ray and other more traditional forms of media are examined within this Report, but as competitors to streaming services.
- Audio streaming services/radio and game streaming services are not included within this Report.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.