Sugar and Gum Confectionery - Brazil - December 2012
“The market has posted rapid growth in value sales over the 2007-12 period; however, this comes against near stagnant volume sales. Besides the rising prices of sugar, the growing availability of higher value products and rising household incomes have fueled the rise in average prices. Mintel’s research shows that affluent Brazilians consume candy more often; however, C socioeconomic group consumers are not far behind”
– Jean Manuel Gonçalves da Silva, Senior Food Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- What are the reasons for and impacts of rising prices in the category?
- How are the different players in the market performing?
- Due to the economic and social changes taking place in Brazil, what are the demands of consumers in the category?
- As health and wellness are important trends in the food industry, how are they shaping the sugar confectionery category?
- Given that young people are the heavy users of the category, what are the strategies for this specific niche of consumers?
- What does the chewing gum segment have in particular that should be taken into consideration for the development of strategies?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.