Surface Cleaners - US - June 2009
Estimated at $1.5 billion in 2008, the household surface cleaners market has seen sales fall from 2003-08. This is largely due to broader trends such as more consumers taking a more relaxed approach to cleaning than in the past.
This report hones in on the following issues that drive the surface cleaners market:
- The impact of the economic downturn, which since 2007, has led consumers to seek ways to cut household cleaning costs; and competition with household cleaner costs
- The impact of the broader green movement on the household cleaners market and examines the success of green cleaners
- How advertisers are focusing on natural living, while still targeting moms and family health.
- New product innovation, specifically brand extensions, private label offerings, eco-friendly products, new premium scented offerings and time saving gadgets
- How often different consumer groups clean and which areas they tend to clean most frequently (kitchen, bath, etc.)
- Which products and brands are most popular among different consumer groups
- Which consumers are most interested in products that can help them to save money, save time or reduce the stress related to household responsibilities
- Attitudes towards and interest in all-purpose vs. more specialized cleaning products
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.