Sweet and Savoury Spreads - UK - February 2013
“Concerns about health are a key factor inhibiting sweet spreads consumption, with two-fifths (39%) of users expressing concern about sugar content, whereas only one in eight has cut back their usage because of cost (13%). Yet only 6% of new products launched in 2012 made a low/no/reduced sugar claim, suggesting there is a relative lack of innovation in this area.”
– Kiti Soininen, Head of UK Food, Drink & Foodservice Research
Some questions answered in this report include:
- How can the sweet spreads market support usage by responding to consumers’ health concerns?
- What steps can marmalade brands take to engage a younger audience without alienating their mature user base?
- What occasions can spreads target to build on usage post-recession?
- How can nut spreads drive usage by widening their adult user base?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.