Tea and RTD Teas - US - August 2019
Covered in this report
For the purposes of this report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
- RTD (ready-to-drink) tea – shelf-stable and refrigerated RTD teas in single-serve and multiserve size. Kombucha is included within RTD tea unless otherwise stated.
- Bagged, loose leaf, and single-cup teas, including black, white, green, and fruit/herbal teas – bagged may be single-cup or multicup sizes.
- Instant tea mixes
Teas sold through foodservice outlets are not included in the report
"The $8.7 billion tea market continues to grow at a slow rate driven by smaller RTD brands and trendy kombucha. Though tea faces stiff competition from other beverages, and RTDs are under scrutiny due to their sugar content, tea is well suited to address the needs of today’s consumers. Brands can complement tea’s natural health halo by developing products with strong functional benefits and that address new consumption occasions."
- Caleb Bryant, Senior Beverage Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- Brewed tea sales remain stubbornly flat
- Kombucha is hot until it’s not
- Sugar concerns weigh down RTD tea
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.