Tea and RTD Teas - US - May 2010
This report explores the tea and ready-to-drink (RTD) tea market. While 77% market penetration for regular (loose/bag) tea among US households (HHs) indicates maturity, the low 45% for RTD iced tea suggests continued opportunities to expand sales. As with other products in the food and beverage industry— value perceptions, convenience and health are all key drivers in influencing tea purchasing habits. This report explores these aspects of the market as well as others including:
- The size of the market, its growth potential and how manufacturers can create differentiation between seemingly similar products
- What manufacturers and retailers can do to expand the market to new users
- Key brands’ performance in each segment, challenges they face and how manufacturers endeavor to differentiate themselves from other non-alcoholic beverages
- The impact of demographic shifts on product needs during 2004-09; how 2009-14 population projections will affect changes in the market
- What innovative product positioning and attributes would best attract the increasingly health conscious society
- What new flavors and ingredients marketers have used in new tea formulations to maintain consumer interest
- Exploration of how the economy has influenced advertising and promotional activity as well as discussion of what marketing strategies marketers are employing to reach its core demographic of Asians and blacks
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.