Techtrak - US - February 2009
Technological innovations have changed the basic framework of the American lifestyle. Three quarters of U.S. consumers are online, and 55% have broadband internet at home. This report focuses on how technological advances in consumer electronics, entertainment content, and communications have changed American life. Forward looking analysis of trends, particularly based on data by age, shows how the market landscape will react and respond to such changes in upcoming years. To this effect, the following questions are addressed:
- How has increased interest in and reliance on the internet affected attitudes, leisure activities and modes of communication?
- How has competition for consumer leisure time shifted in recent years?
- How is time competition affected by differences in age, gender, income and ethnicity/Hispanic origin?
- How is video, audio and gaming stored, and how much interest is there for paid back-up services?
- What level of interest exists for entertainment subscription services?
- What trends are likely to impact content collection and storage and how can companies position products, services and brands to capitalize on these trends?
- What recent innovations are shaping current demand and the markets of the future?
- What segments provide the greatest opportunities for growth in consumer electronics?
- What features, services and benefits are consumers willing to pay for?
- What are the implications of an increasingly portable lifestyle?
- What will an increasingly portable lifestyle mean for the consumer electronics market?
- How are netbooks, smartphones and other portable devices impacting behavior and future CE sales?
- How can shifting usage of technology be used in marketing to hard-to-reach demographics?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.