Teen and Tween Beauty and Personal Care Consumer - US - May 2016
Teens represent an increasingly diverse and open-minded population, and as a result are seeking more relatable spokespeople in BPC (beauty and personal care) advertising and communication. Teens are also tech-savvy and engage with BPC products and trends online while ultimately making purchases in-store, stressing the need for a seamless omnichannel experience.
This report examines the following issues:
- Population of teens to experience declines while becoming increasingly diverse
- Teen girls use fewer BPC products than women aged 18-34
- Popularity of natural looks impacts usage of beauty products
This Report focuses on teen and tween girls and boys, aged 9-17, and their usage, attitudes, and behaviors toward the BPC category.
For the purposes of this Report, the following categories are included:
- Color cosmetics (teen and tween girls only)
- Nail products (teen and tween girls only)
- Facial skincare (facial cleansing, lip care)
- Fragrances (body sprays, perfume, cologne)
- Haircare (hairstyling products, hair color, hair conditioners/treatment)
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.