Telecommunications - Ireland - August 2012
As the standard mobile phone market begins to decline in usage, the smartphone industry is expanding strongly in terms of handset usage and data usage.
With Irish consumers still preferring to access the internet at home via a laptop or desktop, it is helping to maintain high usage of fixed phone lines. A key challenge for the telecoms industry moving forward will be meeting the strong demand for faster downloads among Irish consumers.
Some key themes in the report include:
- Evolution of the market – How has the way in which Irish consumers use telecoms changed between 2007 and 2011? What are the future implications of strong smartphone and broadband usage likely to mean for the market?
- The role that the internet plays in the telecommunications market – How does internet usage compare with call usage? Does the traditional home telephone still have a role to play in the lives of an increasingly internet-savvy consumer?
- Prepay vs contract – In the mobile phone sector which payment method is preferred by Irish consumers, and how has opinion on contracts changed?
- Electronic device ownership driving usage of telecoms – How will telecoms usage change based on the devices that Irish consumers own?
- Consumer attitudes towards telecoms devices – Does price dictate which device consumers use for communication, convenience or is it something else entirely?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.