Snack Food - Thai Consumer Market Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Snack Food - Thai Consumer market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Covered in this report
Though access to better nutrition and medical treatments is boosting Thai life expectancy, imbalanced diets and sedentary lifestyles are increasing the incidence of chronic disease and impacting the quality of life. 1 in 11 Thais are living with diabetes today, and 70% of all deaths in Thailand are caused by non-communicable diseases (NCDs). These statistics are fuelling growing pressure on companies to provide healthier food choices.
All reports purchased from the Mintel Store now come with free access to our COVID-19 Global Insights Hub, allowing you to understand how industries and consumer behaviour is changing worldwide.
What does the COVID-19 Global Insights Hub give you access to?
- Over 450 pieces of research (with more published each week) addressing markets across the globe.
- Discover how people in countries at different stages of the crisis are adjusting to the 'new normal'.
- Trending industries which have seen growth due to the changes in circumstance.
- Our latest consumer research surveys, allowing you to see customers views right now.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Pimwadee Aguilar, a leading analyst in the Food & Drink sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
The taste vs health conundrum continues to challenge snack food brands in this dynamic and competitive market. Pimwadee Aguilar
Associate Director Food & Drink
Table of contents
Table of contents
- Global trends and how they are playing out in Thailand
- Key trends impacting snacking in Thailand
- Who are snackers?
- [Graph] Thailand: snacking frequency by gender, August 2019
- [Graph] Thailand: snacking frequency by age, August 2019
- Why do consumers snack?
- [Graph] Thailand: emotional and functional snacking drivers, August 2019
- [Graph] Thailand: emotional drivers for snacking, by region, August 2019
- What are consumers snacking on?
- [Graph] Thailand: snack choices, August 2019
- [Graph] Thailand: top five innovations consumers look for, August 2019
- Snacking occasions
- [Graph] Thailand: snack usage during different times of the day, August 2019
- [Graph] Thailand: interest in meal-like snacks among consumers, by household income, August 2019
- New sensations for afternoon delights
- [Graph] Thailand: "I want fun snacks that I can play with", August 2019
- Better-for-you choices
- Weight management and meal-like snacks
- [Graph] Thailand: % of snack launches with selected negative claims, Oct 2016-Sept 2019
- [Graph] Thailand: rising positive claims in snack launches, Oct 2016-Sep 2019
- Elevated Convenience
- Global innovations
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across Thailand. These trends are validated based on our proprietary and robust consumer data from our primary research. Our industry experts analyse the data and share recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. You’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.