The American Middle Class - US - December 2009
With approximately one out of two Americans being middle class, it is vital that marketers understand how the Great Recession has changed their perceptions and buying habits. Some of the key topics covered in this report include:
- How economic challenges are reshaping purchasing behavior
- What motivates the middle class to make a purchase
- An analysis of demographics within the middle class, how their behaviors are different, and which segments are spending more than others
- The middle class’ attitudes towards dining out, health products, entertainment (CDs, DVDs, etc.), and technology
- Specific strategies, tactics, and brand platforms likely to appeal to the middle class
- An examination of strategies used by companies that have succeeded during the recession
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.