The Beauty and Personal Care Consumer - US - January 2010
The beauty and personal care consumer is beset by a number of challenges in 2010, including the ongoing US recession, a multitude of often confusing choices in the BPC (beauty and personal care) aisle, and differing product claims. Mintel’s exclusive consumer survey strategically approaches the BPC consumer by asking how respondents have altered their buying habits in light of these challenges. This report features in-depth analysis of the following themes:
- Whether the tough economy has impacted brand loyalty, and to what extent, and whether consumers are trading down to less expensive brands or private label
- Key focus on the female BPC consumer, upon whom the market depends for much of its business
- The extent to which product claims, such as multifunctional benefits and clinical testing of products, influence purchase decisions
- The impact of race/Hispanic origin on BPC purchasing habits, including the relative lack of brand loyalty among Hispanics compared to blacks and Asians, especially where soap, cleansers, and skincare products are concerned; and the use of mass merchandisers across all ethnicities in the wake of the recession
- What BPC companies are doing to attract consumer attention and maintain business as the recession continues, including special focus on the newest products and trends in the market
- How demographics will affect the market in the coming years, including the growth of the older female population and the shrinking of the teen population, both of which are key buyers of BPC items
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.