The Future of Fabric & Dish Care: 2020
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the The Future of Fabric and Dish Care market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Immediate future: next two years
The importance of natural and sustainable options will drive the clean movement into fabric and dish directly from beauty and personal care categories. The increasing similarities between beauty categories and laundry and dish will inspire brands to premiumise their product offering.
Planning ahead: next five years
The effects of climate change will continue to become more apparent, but people will recognise their ability to make a difference by changing their behaviour. In-demand waterless formulations and appliances will align with fabric and dish brands' ability to fully explore integrated technology for more customisation than ever before.
Market overview: key data
Combined, fabric and dish care retail sales are expected to reach US$78.3 billion in 2020. Population size largely defines the size of fabric care markets in individual countries, but in both categories, established markets are slowing. Innovation and technological advancements will be key in creating more value in these categories.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Richard Hopping, a leading analyst in the Household sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
The clean movement will enter fabric and dish care markets as consumers incorporate all products into their clean lifestyles. Mintel recommends that brands do more to meet this demand and improve their communication around how their products are 'clean'. Richard Hopping
Senior Brand and Household Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
Immediate future: Next two years
- Tap the potential of the clean movement
- [Graph] Global: % of launches that could be classified as 'clean'* in fabric and dish care categories, 2015-19
- [Graph] Europe: % of consumers who prefer to buy household products with short ingredient lists over ones with more ingredients, 2019
- Beautify fabric and dish care
- [Graph] US: laundry routine behaviours, 2019
- [Graph] Global: % share of 'all in one' product launches in the dishwashing and fabric care categories, 2016-19
- [Graph] Global: leading formats/textures on new product launches with a specified format/texture in the beauty and personal care sector, 2019
PLANNING AHEAD: NEXT FIVE YEARS
- Help consumers change to save the world
- [Graph] Global: % of new product launches with ethical and environmental claims, by category, 2016-19
- [Graph] Global: % of new products launches with concentrated-related claims* in fabric and dish care, 2017-19
- Expand from homecare brand to technology brand
Fabric care MARKET OVERVIEW: KEY DATA AND INTERPRETATION
- [Graph] Global: leading claims on new launches in the fabric care category, 2018-19
Dishwashing Market Overview: KEY DATA AND INTERPRETATION
- [Graph] Global: leading claims on new launches of dishwashing products, 2018-19
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.