The Millennial Impact: Food Shopping Decisions - US - May 2019
Covered in this report
This report builds on the analysis presented in The Millennial Impact: Food Shopping Decisions – US, July 2017.
For the purposes of this report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
- The generation born between 1977 and 1994. In 2018, Millennials are between the ages of 24 and 41.
In reference to the consumer survey findings, Millennials are defined as:
- Younger Millennials are between the ages of 24 and 31
- Older Millennials are between the ages of 32 and 41
"Millennials represent the largest generation group, comprising a quarter of the US population in 2018. They are an engaged group, being more likely than other generations to consider themselves “foodies” and more likely to enjoy shopping for food/drink. While they are entering their prime earning years, Millennials continue to prioritize cost savings in their shopping decisions. Brands can appeal to this time-strapped group through meeting their needs for cost savings and convenience, by aligning products toward overall wellness priorities, and by helping those Millennials who are parents make responsible choices for their family."
- Beth Bloom, Associate Director - Food & Drink
This Report looks at the following areas:
- Millennials make up a quarter of the US population
- Prioritization of cost savings keeps their food/drink spending down
- More than half of Millennial households have kids
- Millennials are ripe for engagement
- Shopping online is about more than convenience
- Brands can boost ties to wellness to appeal to health-conscious Millennials
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.