The New Latina - US - April 2009
Just as advertisers thought they had a grasp on the Hispanic consumer, a burgeoning segment of its population, Hispanic females are making huge social and economic advancements in the work place and earning more disposable income than ever before. More and more Latinas are joining the workforce, starting their own businesses, and having their say on what gets bought for the household, leaving the old stereotypes of the stay-at-home housewife or submissive homemaker behind.
Today’s Latinas are quite different than their mothers and grandmothers. Regardless of language preference, they have a new sense of self and the world around them. In the past, traditional advertising approaches applied solely to the Spanish-language Hispanic media have had their shortcoming and Latinas have either been stereotyped or ignored by advertisers in the mainstream media.
Readers of this report will learn:
- The dynamics behind the rapid growth of the Latina demographic that’s solidified this diverse ethnic group into a consumer powerhouse and how to best understand her in order to reach out to her now, and for the future
- Acculturation to the U.S. and how it impacts the way Latinas consume personal care products, clothes, and entertainment, including the cultural and psychological motivations behind their consumption patterns
- Respondents’ attitudes towards work and careers, themselves, advertising, beauty products and clothing designed specifically for Latinos, and the cultural motivations behind their statements
- The differences in behavior within the various income levels, Spanish-speaking versus English-dominant Latinas in terms of how they view fashion, entertainment, makeup and how being bilingual further expands their exposure to advertising
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.