The North African Hotel Sector - June 2014
“Although the North African countries have much to offer tourists (warm-water beaches and spectacular heritage sites) and are positioned close to important source markets, hotel performance in the region has suffered due to the Arab Spring, which particularly impacted tourism in Egypt, Libya and Tunisia.”
- Jessica Rawlinson, Senior Tourism Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- Will there be sufficient socio-political stability in the region – particularly in Egypt, Libya and Tunisia – to allow tourism to continue to grow?
- Will Libya be able to exploit its substantial tourism potential, which consists of a virtually untouched Mediterranean coastline of over 1,000km and superb heritage sites?
- Will Morocco succeed in attracting mass tourism?
- Is an oversupply of luxury hotels and residences being created in Morocco, particularly around Marrakech?
- Will Tunisia succeed in creating alternative forms of tourism to mass beach tourism, such as golf, desert and cultural tours?
- Will Algeria be able to increase its share of North Africa’s inbound tourism?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.