The Photography Consumer - US - January 2012
This report covers the use of dedicated cameras, camcorders and digital frames, as well as the use of smartphones and tablets for taking photos. Coverage includes a comparison of photo and video usage in multi-function devices versus dedicated devices. The role of video features on digital still cameras is also explored in relation to camcorder sales, along with how, on a broader basis, phones, tablets, and even televisions compete for sales with dedicated imaging products.
In addition to photo and video capture, the report explores the post-capture experience, including printing digital photos, where photos are stored, and the use of photo editing software. Also explored in this report is the continued use of disposable film cameras, as well as ownership, usage, and intent to purchase digital photo frames and home printers. Gift purchasing of imaging devices and digital frames is also presented, capitalizing on intent to gift during the 2011 holiday season.
Mintel’s consumer research in this report discusses data points on the following subjects:
- What imaging hardware is owned? What hardware are consumers planning to purchase? What hardware do they typically use for taking photos and video? Which do they use most?
- Who are the most avid photo and video snappers? Who is a hobbyist, rather than a recorder of life events? How do hobbyists differ from those simply capturing memories?
- Which camera brands are owned? Which will be considered for the next purchase?
- How do consumers feel about photos and video taken on mobile hardware? Will phones make point-and-shoots obsolete?
- Are there new camera features that photographers/videographers are interested in?
- What is the role of children in the household on ownership and usage? What is the role of language spoken in the home of Hispanic households?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.