The Shopping Experience of Black Consumers - US - April 2014
“Black consumers shop a wide variety of stores – from Walmart to Barney’s New York. This is not a one-size-fits-all consumer. Marketers need to better understand the different consumer segments within the Black community and how each segment is unique and has different expectations when it comes to the shopping experience. While they are all on a hunt for the best bargain, the actual experience and the store’s understanding of cultural nuances is what keeps them coming back.”
– Tonya Roberts, Multicultural Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- What are their general attitudes toward shopping and spending?
- What are some of the types of stores they shop at for certain types of products?
- Aside from rational shopping triggers, what are some of the emotional reasons that compel Black consumers to buy what they buy?
- How receptive are Black consumers to shopping online? What are some of the things that appeal to them when they shop in-store?
- What are some promotions that are most effective at generating sales?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.