Travel and Tourism - Argentina - November 2014
“Some of the South American tourists who come to Argentina stay in modest accommodations or with family and friends, but interestingly, Brazilians are the exception. In 2012, according to MINTUR, almost 60% of inbound travellers from Brazil stayed in four- and five-star hotels, compared to 43% of North Americans and 40% of Europeans. Evidently, Brazilians who can afford to travel outside their own country like their creature comforts.”
This report looks at the following areas:
- Why have tourism revenues from international visitors not benefited Argentina’s balance of payments?
- Why were the government’s restrictions on buying foreign currency ineffective?
- In the accommodation sector, what types of properties showed the greatest growth?
- Why are January and February the busiest months in Argentina?
- How will the devaluation of the Peso affect inbound tourism in 2014 and beyond?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.