Travel and Tourism - Austria - August 2016
“The overarching goal of Austria’s tourism industry is to make the country more competitive within the international tourism arena; something that will be partially measured by growth in overnight stays. The industry has set a target of 140 million bednights for 2018. Austria is a tourist destination with clearly defined and well-marketed attractions. There is a high degree of professionalism within the industry and the quality of its tourism offering – from accommodation and services through to tours and experiences – is very good. Austria also competes effectively in the business travel arena. These factors – combined with the fact that the country already achieved 135.2 million overnight stays in 2015 – means it is likely that this target will be met.”
- Jessica Kelly, Senior Tourism Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- What are the key components of Austria's tourism offering?
- What contribution does tourism make to Austria's economy?
- What trends can be observed within Austria's international tourism market?
- How is Austria's tourism infrastructure developing to meet the needs of a growing number of international arrivals?
- What are the main challenges and opportunities facing Austria's tourism industry?
- What is the competitive position of Austria's tourism industry and how can this be improve
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.