Travel and Tourism - Indonesia - February 2019
“Tourism development has – as illustrated by ambitious international arrivals targets – been identified as an economic priority by the Widodo government, with responsibility for this falling to the Ministry of Tourism. Its key objectives include developing and disseminating a strong and positive Indonesia brand, raising the profile of Indonesia as a destination, securing tourism investment [including FDI], and attracting high-yield visitors and sustainable tourism development.”
– Jessica Kelly, Senior Tourism Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- What are the key strengths of Indonesia’s tourism industry?
- Why has tourism development become a government priority?
- How far does Indonesia’s infrastructure (including transport and accommodation) serve the needs of the tourism industry?
- What is the main tourism news coming out of Indonesia, and what plans and targets does the government have for its future development?
- How far do external events like natural disasters impact the tourism industry, and what can be done to mitigate these?
- What trajectory is Indonesia’s international tourism industry likely to take in the future?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.