Travel and Tourism - Laos - February 2019
“Geographically positioned at the crossroads of ancient civilisations, Laos combines rich indigenous cultures with culinary, religious and historic influences from across Asia, but is confronting diverse tourism development challenges as the competition intensifies among South East Asian nations to attract more visitors from home and abroad.”
- Jessica Kelly, Senior Tourism Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- What is the current state of play for travel and tourism in Laos?
- Who travels to and within Laos, how long do they stay and how much do they spend?
- What factors are likely to influence growth in inbound and domestic tourism?
- To what extent is tourism development being driven by the rise in Chinese arrivals?
- How is investment from China and other major Asian economic players likely to support tourism expansion in Laos?
- How can Laos position itself to compete with its larger Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) neighbours as the battle to attract tourists from across Asia intensifies?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.