Travel and Tourism - Macau - November 2018
“After more than a decade of impressive visitor and expenditure growth driven by its multi-faceted casino resorts, Macau is promoting itself as a World Centre of Tourism and Leisure, and is focusing on new family attractions and business-convention facilities to attract a broader visitor mix and increase the average length of stay.”
– Jessica Kelly, Senior Tourism Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- How has Macau’s tourism economy developed in the two decades since its return to Chinese sovereignty?
- What marketing tactics is Macau using to promote its unique blend of Portuguese and southern Chinese cultural and culinary influences to travellers from Asia, and beyond?
- To what degree is Macau’s tourism being shaped by the changing preferences of Chinese travellers?
- Can Macau diversify its appeal beyond gaming tourism into other lucrative niche sectors?
- How is Macau positioning itself as a ‘bucket list’ destination for travellers from South East Asia’s emerging visitor markets?
- What challenges lie ahead as other destinations seek to challenge its position as the ‘Las Vegas of Asia’?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.