Travel and Tourism - Mexico - May 2015
“The VFR [visiting friends and relatives] market is a significant one – not least because so many Mexicans (and people of Mexican origin) live and work in the United States. Many Mexican resorts (and other tourism enterprises) design advertising campaigns targeted at expatriates and Latino Americans – a market that is growing. According to the US Census Bureau, in 2013, Mexicans (and Mexican-Americans) totalled over 34.5 million people, accounting for 11% of the US population.”
- Jessica Kelly, Senior Tourism Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- What has caused Mexico to fall out of the UNWTO’s ‘Top 10’ list of most popular destinations?
- Why do visitors from the US dominate the inbound market?
- What factors are playing into the rise in the number of long-stay tourists?
- Why do many Mexicans still like using travel agents rather than booking online?
- How have budget airlines transformed the transport sector?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.