Travel Retail - UK - June 2019
Covered in this report
This report is designed to give an overview of the travel retail market within the UK. It includes research on MSA (Motorway Service Area), railway station and airport terminal retailing, as well as limited analysis for comparison of the foodservice offering within each hub. It combines market data, including drivers in the market and detailed information on the key players, along with Mintel’s consumer research to build a picture of the travel retail market.
Our consumer research supplied within this Report covers the following areas:
- Which travel hubs have been visited in the last 12 months and how frequently do people visit
- The reasons for buying products from a retailer within a travel hub
- The reasons for not buying products from a retailer within a travel hub
- Aspects those who shopped at travel retail hubs are most satisfied with
- Behaviour towards shopping in travel hubs
“There has been a conscious effort to increase the retail offering at travel hubs, in an attempt to turn more of them into shopping destinations. Currently most are still using travel hubs as a place to purchase food items and many have begun to innovate and introduce more convenient and enticing food concepts. However, people’s travel habits are changing due to the economic uncertainty and the challenge now remains to bring people into travel hubs for the shopping experience alone.”
– Chana Baram, Retail Analyst
This report examines the following issues:
- Railway stations should be pushing to become key retail hubs
- Airports are introducing new strategies to get people to shop more
- There is room for innovation in MSAs
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.