UK Accessorising the Home Market Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Accessorising the Home market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry and how fast are its rates of growth? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Products covered in this Report
For the purposes of this Report the term ‘home accessories’ covers the following:
- Curtains, blinds and window accessories – ready made
- Curtains, blinds and window accessories – made to measure
- Light fittings (wall, table, floor, ceiling) and shades
- Bed and bathroom linens
- Other household textiles eg table linens, kitchen textiles
- Cushions, throws and rugs
- Decorative accessories eg vases/bowls/figurines/table mats
- Candles (including fragrant candles), other fragrant accessories and candle holders
- Pictures/prints, mirrors, photo frames and clocks
- Bathroom accessories
- Light bulbs
- Digital photo frames
- Electric blankets, sleeping bags, babies’ pram and cot sets, bathrobes
- Heated towel rails, special products designed to help the infirm or disabled, shower fittings/ curtains
- Accessories and lighting for gardens
- Tableware, kitchen utensils, glassware and cookware
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Jane Westgarth, a leading analyst in the Retail sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Choice of home accessories can be a way of expressing emotions, building fond memories into a home and adding personality to a room. Shoppers will look for their perfect accessory – just right – explaining why so many seek something a little out of the ordinary. But price matters too – the majority do not want to splash the cash, instead seeking out the look they desire at a low price. This is a buoyant market and grew by an estimated 36.4% over 2011-16 driven by style and fashion, as well as by practicality. We expect demand to remain buoyant as design literate consumers aspire to inject more personality into their homes. During 2016-21 the market is expected to grow by 13.9% to reach £10,099 million.
Senior Retail Analyst
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.