UK Ceramic Tiles market report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Ceramic Tiles market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry and how fast are its rates of growth? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Market segmentation and definitions
The ceramic tile market can readily be segmented into:/p>
There are two separate applications of glazed tiles
- wall tiles
- floor tiles
The unglazed ceramic tile market can include:
- unglazed ceramic floor tiles, which tend to be suited to commercial and industrial applications, although they are also commonly found in laundries and utility rooms.
- unglazed quarry tiles, which are naturally stain and slip resistant. Due to their durable nature, quarry tiles are often found in commercial settings, notably new offices and retail establishments. Nonetheless, as the tiles are relatively inexpensive they are becoming more popular in the residential sector. Unglazed quarry tiles are available in various sizes and are appropriate for interior walls and floors, exterior walls and floors, and fireplace facings and hearths.
- unglazed mosaic tiles, which can be installed individually or pre-mounted on mesh or paper sheets. Mosaic tiles can be used in both wall and floor applications. Mosaic floor tiles are often less than 5 cm2.
- unglazed porcelain tiles (stoneware), which tend to be stronger and denser than ceramic tiles. Unglazed porcelain tiles can be used in both wall and floor applications, and due to their slip resistant nature, can also be found in swimming pools and leisure changing rooms.
Mintel's B2B reports provide company profiles and analysis on the major players of the market:
- British Ceramic Tile (BCT)
- Capitol Tile Supplies
- Johnson Tiles
- Pilkington’s/Cersanit Capital Group
- Topps Tiles
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Terry Leggett, a leading analyst in the B2B sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Use of ceramic tiles in the UK remains atypical to the rest of Europe, and is largely restricted to kitchens and bathrooms. Demand has been boosted by the en-suite trend, which originated from the new build market but has extended to the refurbishment market, but there has also been competition from substitute materials such as splash boards
Senior B2B Analyst
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.