UK Computer Security market report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Computer Security market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry and how fast are its rates of growth? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
This report addresses the following key questions:
- How will the government’s Cyber Security Strategy affect the market?
- Which technologies and types of approach to computer security will gain in importance?
- Will market growth be driven by the government and public sector, by large enterprises or SMEs?
- How is the cloud and growth in e-commerce affecting the market?
- How will the computer security market develop over the next five years and what will be the impact of the Internet-of-Things?
Computer security, often also referred to as cyber security, is the set of processes and technologies that facilitate business, commerce and consumer digital activity in a safe environment. Cyber security, however, is far from simple. The threats to computerised environments are many and various, and are changing on a near-daily basis.
Threats to individual, corporate and government activities online come from three primary sources:
- Criminal behaviour: attempts at committing fraud for (usually) financial gain
- Hacking: Disrupting corporate or government activities by denial of service, defacing online content and generally damaging online reputation
- Espionage: gathering corporate or government information illegally in order to subvert competitive advantage or national security
- Defence & intelligence
- Other public sector
- SMEs & consumers
- AVG Technologies UK/Avast Software
- BAE Systems
- Boldon James
- BT Group
- Intel Corporation (UK)/McAfee
- QinetiQ Group
- Sophos Group
- Ultra Electronics Group
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Terry Leggett, a leading analyst in the B2B sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Computer security is an issue for consumers, SMEs, enterprises, and the public sector. It affects anyone who uses any internet-connected device, or indeed anyone who does any transaction with an organisation that has an internet-connected device. Few people fall outside of this definition, with the issue increasingly ranging from national security to every aspect of society.
Senior B2B Analyst
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.