UK Consumers and the Economic Outlook: Quarterly market report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Consumers and the Economic Outlook - Quarterly Update market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry and how fast are its rates of growth? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
What you need to know
- Mintel asks consumers about three elements of their financial well-being: how comfortable they are now; how that’s changed over the last year; and how confident they are about the coming year.
- People’s assessment of their current financial situation is now approaching the survey high that we recorded just before the 2017 General Election.
- 29% say that their finances are “healthy”, rising to 45% of retirees, and 62% of those with a household income of at least £75,000.
- The familiar divides between different demographic groups are still there. 45-54-year-olds, lower earners and renters are all significantly more likely than the population as a whole to be finding it hard to make ends meet.
- One in 10 45-54-year-olds say that they’re either struggling to make ends meet, or that they’re already in financial difficulty.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Toby Clark, a leading analyst in the Consumers sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
The increase in confidence that we discussed in Consumers and the Economic Outlook – UK – March 2018 clearly wasn’t a one-off. Our confidence data has been running for almost a decade now, and people’s assessments, both of their current financial situation and how they expect their finances to shape up over the coming year, are close to the highest levels we’ve ever seen. The contrast between this positivity and the broader concerns over the heath of the economy as a whole is as good an example as any of people’s tendency to focus on their own financial situation over big-picture economic news.
Directorof Research EMEA
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.