UK Dentistry market report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Dentistry market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry and how fast are its rates of growth? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
This report will explore the following key questions regarding the dentistry market in the UK:
- What are the key determinants driving the industry?
- How could the market be affected by Brexit?
- How do patients currently rate dental services? Is there room for improvement?
- What does the future hold for dentistry in the UK?
- How has the provision of dental treatment and other services changed over recent times? Has it favoured private dental provision?
For the purposes of this report, our definition of the UK dentistry market includes the following sectors:
- The NHS Primary General Dental Service - This includes revenue from patient fees and government payments to practices under dental contacts.
- The Private Sector - This includes patient fees paid on a per-treatment basis to dentists and revenues from dental plans. The private sector is segmented into primary general dental services - the same treatments available under the NHS.
- Private Cosmetic Dental Services - This includes additional treatments where there is no defined patient need.
Hospital, community and personal dental services are excluded from this report.
The terms ‘dental care professionals’ and ‘dental specialists’ are used to refer to those employees qualified to support dentists, such as dental technicians, nurses, therapists and hygienists.
Corporate dentistry groups are defined as incorporated companies operating three or more dental practices.
The companies profiled in this report include a range of operators in the corporate dental industry (companies operating three or more dental practices) and dental insurance industry. They are selected as being representative of a cross-sample of types of operator rather than necessarily the largest industry participants.
All values quoted in this report are at current prices unless otherwise specified.
- Private GDS
- Private cosmetic
- BUPA Dental Services
- Colosseum Dental Services (formerly known as Southern Dental)
- Mydentist (formerly IDH Group)
- Practice Plan
- Rodericks Dental Limited
- Simplyhealth Professionals (formerly Denplan)
- Western Provident Association
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Lewis Cone, a leading analyst in the B2B sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
With rising fixed costs in the industry, the last decade has seen a period of sustained consolidation through acquisition. Strategic investors and private equity see the market’s underlying growth drivers as an opportunity - offering scope to acquire, consolidate, improve efficiencies, and sell practices at greater multiples.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.