UK Desserts Market Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Desserts market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Covered in this report
This report covers the UK retail market for chilled, ambient and frozen desserts. It excludes sales through foodservice establishments.
- Chilled desserts include all types of chilled desserts such as dairy-based desserts, chilled custard, fruit compote, mousse, panna cotta, rice pudding pots and (prepared) puddings.
- Ambient desserts include dessert ingredients (eg sweet condensed milk, evaporated milk, custard, jelly, ice cream accompaniments, tinned fruit, fruit fillings); dessert ready mixes (eg mousse, blancmange, toppings); ready-to-eat desserts (eg RTE custard, RTE jelly, rice pudding, sponge pudding, fruit pots); and ready-to-eat dessert bases.
- Frozen desserts include for example frozen cakes, sponge puddings, cheesecake, gateaux, Pavlova and traditional puddings as well as frozen fruit.
- Dessert toppings include dessert sauces, topping syrups, coulis and hot fudge sauce.
- Shelf-stable cakes and Christmas puddings are excluded.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Richard Caines, a leading analyst in the Food & Drink sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Desserts face competition from an array of other foods for the traditional after main course occasion, emphasising the need for continuing innovation. Traditional desserts with new flavour twists and desserts from other countries are untapped opportunities, while being extra-indulgent, visually appealing and offering flavours not currently on offer play a key role in giving products standout and added value.
Senior Food & Drink Analyst
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.