UK Electrical Goods Retailing market report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Electrical Goods Retailing - UK market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Covered in this report
This report uses market, consumer research and key retailer metrics to give an overview of the UK electrical goods market. The electrical goods market is a diverse one in terms of both the products sold and the retailers that sell them. We have split the product market into four key segments for each of which we provide a market size and forecast:
- Household appliances – Consisting of both major appliances, such as refrigerators and washing machines, and small appliances, such as coffee machines and kettles.
- Audio-visual and photographic equipment – Consisting of audio-visual products, such as TVs and stereo systems, and photographic equipment, such as digital cameras and projectors.
- Computing and telecoms – Consisting of information processing equipment, such as personal computers and tablets, and telephone and telefax equipment, such as mobile and home phones.
- Personal care appliances – Consisting of electrical appliances of personal care, such as electric razors and hairdryers.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Nick Carroll, a leading analyst in the Retail sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Spending on electricals was strong in 2018. However increasingly this demand is falling outside of the specialist sector with online-only retailers, notably Amazon, the main benefactors. The short-term future for demand in the sector is uncertain, and we expect growth to slow in the coming years putting further pressure on those who trade exclusively within electrical goods.
Associate Director - Retail
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.