UK Manned Security market report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Manned Security market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Covered in this report
- Manned guarding includes uniformed guards and guard patrols, with or without dogs, and either permanently or periodically on site. Also included are guards and plain-clothes detectives in retail premises, keyholders, and personnel monitoring and responding to alarms. The manned guarding market also includes personnel involved in air traffic security, such as airport guarding, and baggage, cargo and mail screening. Diplomatic and anti-terrorist security, involving vehicle escort services, anti-bug sweeping and the detection of explosives, are also included in the sector.
- Cash-in-transit involves the transportation of cash and valuables. The sector includes the counting and processing of money, and the restocking of bank and building society cash dispensers.
- Custodial services includes the design, construction, management and financing of private prisons, together with prisoner escorting and curfew enforcement via electronic monitoring
- Cordant Security
- GEO Amey PECs
- G4S Cash Solutions
- Loomis UK
- Securitas Security Services UK
- Sodexo Justice Services
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Marco Amasanti, a leading analyst in the B2B sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
The manned security market maintained value growth in 2018, rising 2.2% despite some difficult trading conditions, central to which remain Brexit-tied uncertainty, the decline in cash use and falling prisoner numbers. Growth was underpinned by continued outsourcing in custodial services, a buoyant manned guarding market and stubborn economic growth. Looking forward, this growth is set to be further tested, though the market is still forecast to maintain growth in the next five years.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.