UK Recruitment market report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Recruitment market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry and how fast are its rates of growth? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Issues in the market
- How can the recruitment industry and the government help combat British skill shortages in the coming years?
- How has the structure of the UK labour market, and demand in the recruitment industry, changed in recent years?
- How has the UK job market performed over the past year in the wake of Brexit, and the climate of uncertainty surrounding it?
- With the finalisation of negotiations now only 18 months away, how will this climate impact the industry over the coming years?
- What does the future look like for the recruitment market?
- The recruitment industry consists of firms, agencies, consultants, and a range of online services, placing both permanent and temporary employees into work. Overall, recruiters refer to third-party organisations that aim to match appropriate employees with employers.
- These recruiters typically operate from specific skills-based, general skills-based, and more specialist agents.
- The definition of e-recruitment is any recruitment activity in which the main method of correspondence and communication is over the internet.
- All values quoted in this report are at current prices unless otherwise specified.
- The term billion refers to one thousand million.
- Some numbers in tables do not add exactly due to rounding.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Marco Amasanti, a leading analyst in the B2B sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
One year on from Brexit and the recruitment market has sustained growth to refute the declines widely expected in line with mounting uncertainty. However, while immediate uncertainties have not translated into a slowdown in hiring intentions, fears remain around widening skills shortages and the slow-burning manifestation of uncertainty, with hesitancy creeping into the business landscape, triggering a gradual, systemic reduction of labour forces.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.