UK Schools, Universities and Hospitals Market Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Schools market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry and how fast are its rates of growth? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Key areas covered
- How will the market develop over the next five years?
- What will be the key market drivers?
- What sectors offer the best prospects?
- How is government policy affecting the market?
- Will rising competition between universities increase property investment?
The definitions used in this report for the construction sector are from the ONS. Sectors include both publicly and privately-financed projects. Public work is for any public authority such as government departments, universities, etc. Private work is for a private owner or organisation or for a private developer, and includes work carried out by firms on their own initiative. It includes work where the private sector carries the majority of the risk/gain: i.e. in principle, all PF2 contracts are private.
The sectors include the following:
Public sector non-residential: which is defined as comprising a number of activities:
- Schools: state schools or colleges including technical colleges and institutes of agriculture.
- Universities: including halls of residence and research establishments.
- Health: comprising hospitals, medical schools, clinics, welfare centres and adult training facilities.
- Schools and Colleges: comprising schools and colleges in the private sector, financed wholly from private funds.
- Health: comprising all private hospitals, nursing homes and clinics.
All values quoted in this report are at current prices unless otherwise specified. Some numbers in tables do not total exactly due to rounding.
- Balfour Beatty
- BAM Construction
- Bowmer & Kirkland
- Galliford Try
- Kier Group
- Sir Robert McAlpine
- Skanska UK
- Thomas Vale Construction/Bouygues UK 47
- Wates Group
- Willmott Dixon Construction
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Terry Leggett, a leading analyst in the B2B sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Universities are undergoing huge changes due to deregulation and the age of much of the estate, leading to a buoyant sector. Meanwhile, the government’s public expenditure strategy is curtailing investment in schools and the health sector, but is coming under increasing demographic and political pressure to relax restrictions.
Senior B2B Analyst
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.