UK Small Kitchen Appliances Market Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Small Kitchen Appliances market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry and how fast are its rates of growth? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Products covered in this Report
For the purposes of this Report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
Small kitchen appliances include the following:
- sandwich makers
- deep fat fryers
- bread makers
- table-top/health grills including raclettes, barbecue-style grills, crêpe makers, etc
- slow cookers
- electric steamers/rice cookers
- other electric table-top devices such as electric woks, plate warmers, mini-ovens, soup makers, jam makers, ice cream makers, etc
- food preparation equipment – including food processors, handheld blenders, liquidisers, fixed-stand food mixers, handheld food mixers and mini-blenders/choppers
- kettles – cordless or corded models, jug/coffee pot and traditional style and travel kettles
- hot beverage makers – filter coffee machines, espresso/ cappuccino makers, combination filter/espresso/cappuccino machines, coffee percolators and electric tea makers
- electrical kitchen gadgets – juicers, electric can openers, carving knives, etc
- It excludes foodservice equipment such as microwaves, as well as small laundry appliances and floorcare appliances
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Thomas Slide, a leading analyst in the Retail sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
These are challenging times for small kitchen appliance sales as growth-driving trends taper off and space in the kitchen becomes more restricted than ever. Opportunities lie in innovative use of space, growth in men baking and connected devices that help consumers create their own personalised healthy eating plans.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.