UK The Leisure Outlook - Quarterly Update market report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the The Leisure Outlook - Quarterly Update market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry and how fast are its rates of growth? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Covered in this Report
- Brits’ gearing up for a more indulgent summer
CURRENT PARTICIPATION IN LEISURE ACTIVITIES
- Brits most likely to dine in pubs or order takeaways
- Takeaway services and pubs both attract parents of young children
- Fast food outlets and table-serviced restaurants just as popular
- Brits still enjoy a drink
QUARTERLY CHANGES IN LEISURE ACTIVITY PARTICIPATION
- New Years’ health kick clearly noticeable in pub visits
- Consumers keen to get fit
ANNUAL CHANGES IN LEISURE ACTIVITY PARTICIPATION
- Pubs see largest decline in visits
- Gyms see biggest rise in attendance
SPENDING ON LEISURE ACTIVITIES
- Pubs continue to rival restaurants
- Brits cutting back on eating out expenditure
- Wet-led establishments least affected
- Spending on drinks in pubs is up
- Spend on eating out is fairly stable
- Planned spend on leisure events increasing
- Consumer confidence stabilising and outlook more positive
- Fewer celebrating in pubs this quarter
- Annual growth in pub activity
- Live sports viewing and social media interaction see most growth
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Helen Fricker, a leading analyst in the Leisure sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Consumers cut back on spending and put more focus on their health at the start of the year. As we approach summer peoples’ priorities appear to be shifting. A quality over quantity mind-set is still apparent but intention to spend on drinking and dining out is on the rise. Leisure events such as theatre and sports are also more on Brit’s agendas so are likely to receive a boost in attendance over the coming months.
Associate Director - Leisure
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.