Under the Hood - US - February 2010
This report explores how and where automotive parts in the front end of the vehicle are sold. It provides insight into the external and internal factors affecting sales, consumption, and trends, and what they mean for future sales, promotional campaigns, and industry innovations. Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- What effects do rising gasoline costs and the economic downturn have on the overall market
- What are the channels in which automotive parts and service are sold directly to the consumers
- How has the decline in the number new car dealerships affected the service and repair component of those businesses
- How are companies taking advantage of shuttered dealerships with hopes of turning them around into branded service and parts operators
- How are companies highlighting the service component of their facilities and what incentives and promotions are they innovating to put themselves ahead of the competition
- What are the leading aftermarket parts being sold and what are the dynamics that are leading to sales
- What media are industry leaders using to deliver effective marketing campaigns, and what actions need to be taken to improve visibility
- Where are consumers taking their car for service and repair and what components of their car are being serviced or repaired the most
- How are consumers researching service and repair options online and what promotions and incentives are most effective in influencing their choices
- How has the do-it-yourself movement affected consumers and what aspects of home repair are consumers taking care of the most
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.