US Better for You Snacks market report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Better for you Snacks market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry and how fast are its rates of growth? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
This Report focuses on processed snacks that are specifically positioned or marketed as BFY. Product categories included in the scope of this Report are:
- Vegetable and fruit chips: Includes chips that are not made from either potatoes or corn, like apple chips, kale chips, sweet potato chips, carrot chips.
- Puffed snacks: Includes potato, multigrain, corn, and rice and other puffed snacks.
- Soy crisps and snacks: Including snacks made primarily of soy (including soy nuts) and marketed as a “soy snack” rather than a corn, potato, or rice chip/snack that contains soy, among other ingredients.
- Other snacks: Includes items and snack mixes that don’t fit into other snack subcategories, such as wasabi peas, roasted chickpeas, and veggie sticks, as well as alternative-based chips like hummus chips, lentil chips, and bean chips.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Michael Averbook, a leading analyst in the Food and Drink sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
The BFY (better for you) snacks category grew slightly from 2016-17, but has grown more in the past two years powered both by consumer interest in snacking and brand development of offerings that find a middle ground between healthy and indulgent. Yet the category is still challenged by the depth in snack offerings and ambiguity of the definition of a healthy snack. Advancements in innovation along with expansion of distribution and variety can help BFY snacks reach new consumers and appeal to current category participants.
Food and Drink Analyst
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.