US Casino and Casino-style Gambling market report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Casino and Casino-style Gambling market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry and how fast are its rates of growth? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
For the purposes of this Report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
- The “casino industry” includes commercial casinos, tribal casinos, and racetrack casinos (sometimes referred to as “racinos”). This includes table games like poker, as well as electronic gaming devices (EGDs); Class II games such as bingo; and Class III games such as slot machines, blackjack, craps, and roulette. Card rooms are excluded from this Report.
- This Report focuses on brick-and-mortar casinos and the companies that operate them. Although online gambling is discussed, this report does not provide extensive analysis of the online gambling industry. At the time of this writing, most forms of online gambling are illegal for operation in the US.
- Nongaming revenues at casinos are discussed but are excluded from the market size and segmentation totals.
- This Report builds on analysis presented in Mintel’s Casino and Casino-style Gambling – US, 2014 and the December 2012, June 2010, and November 2008 Reports of the same title.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Gina Cavato, a leading analyst in the Lifestyles & Leisure sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
The US casino gaming market has been growing steadily, and is forecast to continue on a stable trajectory, as a consistent stream of visitors come through casino doors each year. The long-time staple of casino floors, slot machines, are the game of choice, but tech-savvy Millennials’ interest in more social and digitally-centered games is driving the industry to develop new options. Due to curiosity about online gaming (iGaming) and interest in non-gaming pursuits, operators will be challenged to compete with other leisure activities that offer similar exciting and social elements.
Lifestyles & Leisure Analyst
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.