US Cruises market report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Cruises market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry and how fast are its rates of growth? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
A cruise is large ship leisure travel. This analysis is focused on ocean-going cruises. A river cruise is defined as leisure travel on a river ship that travels along inland rivers.
The US passenger cruise market is defined as the portion of the global cruise market attributable to passengers sourced from the US.
For the purposes of this Report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
- Captured Cruisers are those who have been on a cruise in the last five years and who plan to cruise in the next 12 months or are interested in going on a cruise again.
- Potential Cruisers are those who have never been on a cruise but who plan to cruise in the next 12 months or are interested in going on one in the future.
- Disinteresteds are those who have never been on a cruise and who have no plans to cruise and are not interested in going on one in the future.
- Lapsed Cruisers are those who have been on a cruise more than five years ago and who plan to cruise in the next 12 months or are interested in going again.
- Deserters are those who have ever been on a cruise and who have no plans to cruise and are not interested in going on a cruise again.
This Report builds on analysis presented in Mintel’s Cruises – US, October 2015 as well as the October 2013, January 2012 and November 2010 Reports of the same title.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by John Poelking, a leading analyst in the Leisure & Media sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
The US cruise market continues to grow at a steady pace. As new ships enter the water with greater capacity and innovations, more passengers are cruising. Converting interest into action among adults who have never cruised is the key to passenger growth. Cruisers want personalized experiences that allow for enough time and flexibility to explore destinations the way they want, as well as innovative activities, a variety of dining options, and top entertainment to occupy their time aboard.
Leisure & Media Analyst
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.