US Dining Out in 2019 Market Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Dining Out in 2019 market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Covered in this report
The purpose of this report is to analyze consumers’ attitudes, behaviors, and perceptions surrounding their current dining out behavior and anticipated behavior in 2019. The report will also examine how dining out varies across demographics.
- QSRs (quick-service restaurants) – Used interchangeably with “fast food,” QSRs specialize in inexpensive, convenient meals. There is no waiter service, no alcoholic beverages, and low price point.
- Fast casual restaurants – These establishments are characterized by a higher price point than QSRs, though not as high as full-service restaurants.
- LSRs (limited-service restaurants) – These establishments provide food services in which customers usually select and order items and pay before dining.
- FSRs (full-service restaurants) – These establishments have waiter/waitress service in which customers order and are served while seated.
- DPI (disposable personal income) – The amount of money that households have available for spending and saving after income taxes have been accounted for.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Hannah Spencer, a leading analyst in the Foodservice sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
The restaurant industry is expected to maintain strong growth in 2019 thanks to positive economic conditions and increased incremental sales across segments fueled by a demand for off-premise dining. Dining out is a favorite activity for Americans and personal as diners have an increasing desire to form a connection with restaurant brands with cultural, environmental and social values that align with their own lifestyle.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.