US Fast Casual Restaurants market report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Fast Casual Restaurants market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Covered in this report
For the purposes of this report, Mintel has used the following restaurant definitions:
- QSRs (quick service restaurants) – Used interchangeably with “fast food,” QSRs specialize in inexpensive, convenient meals
- Fast casual restaurants – These establishments are characterized by a higher price point than QSRs though not as high as full-service restaurants
- LSRs (limited service restaurants) – These establishments provide food services where customers usually select and order items and pay before dining
- FSRs (full service restaurants) – These establishments have waiter/waitress service in which customers order and are served while seated
- Casual dining restaurants – These establishments represent the largest segment of the FSR market. Casual dining restaurants have higher pricing than family/midscales but lower than fine dining, and they offer a full bar
- Midscale restaurants (used interchangeably with family dining restaurants) – These establishments offer the lowest check size of any FSR
- Fine dining restaurants – These establishments have the highest price point of all FSRs
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Hannah Spencer, a leading analyst in the Foodservice sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
The fast casual restaurant segment continues to experience steady sales growth fueled by diners’ interest in high-quality ingredients and better-for-you menu options in an accessible format. However, as restaurant segments blur with full service restaurants offering more convenient ordering options and fast food restaurants offering more premium ingredients, fast casuals struggle to retain their distinctiveness.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.