US Holiday Travel Market Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Holiday Travel market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Covered in this report
For the purposes of this report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
- Holiday travel: Any leisure travel that occurred in the summer season (eg between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend) or winter season (eg for Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year’s).
- Holiday traveler: Any traveler taking a leisure trip during the summer or winter season.
- Obligatory travel: A holiday trip where the traveler visited a friend or relative or attended a social function like a wedding or
- Obligatory Traveler: A holiday traveler who participated in obligatory travel in the last year and agrees that “holiday travel is more of an obligation than something I want to do.”
- Multigenerational travel: Any trip in which the traveling party includes two nonconsecutive generations (eg kids and their grandparents)
Readers of this report may also be interested in Vacation Planning – US, April 2019, which details the planning considerations of vacationers.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Mike Gallinari, a leading analyst in the Travel & Leisure sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Seven in 10 Americans travel during the summer or winter holidays. These trips have varied methods and motivations, whether it is a family piling into the car to visit Grandma at Christmas or married retirees taking a long summer vacation to Hawaii. However, travelers’ attitudes around how they spend their time and money on vacation are changing. In addition, trips are getting shorter and more spread out across the holiday season, forcing a reconsideration in the way travel providers should approach their cycle of ad spending
Travel & Leisure Analyst
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.