US Hybrid and Electric Cars market report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Hybrid and Electric Cars market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Covered in this report
For the purposes of this report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
- Internal combustion engine (ICE) – a traditional combustion engine that typically uses gasoline or diesel for fuel and is the most common type of drivetrain in vehicles today
- Alternative energy vehicle (AEV) – a vehicle that does not use an internal combustion engine as its sole power source. AEV is a catchall term that includes mild hybrids, plug-in hybrids, battery electric vehicles, and fuel cell vehicles
- Mild hybrid electric vehicle (HEV) – a vehicle that uses both an internal combustion engine and a battery powered engine and does not need to plug in to charge
- Plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) – a vehicle that uses both an internal combustion engine and a battery powered engine that can be plugged in to charge
- Electric vehicle (EV) – a vehicle that only uses a battery powered engine for the vehicle’s drive train. Also called a battery electric vehicle (BEV)
- Fuel cell vehicle (FCV) – a vehicle that uses a fuel cell powered by compressed hydrogen
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Jennifer White Boehm, a leading analyst in the Financial Services & Automotive sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Financial and environmental considerations are top concerns for Americans buying new cars. AEVs (alternative energy vehicles) have been heavily promoted by auto manufacturers and governments as a positive solution. Despite these efforts, hybrid and electric cars remain a niche market and represent just a small fraction of total vehicle sales
Jennifer White Boehm
Associate Director - Financial Services & Automotive
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.