US Live Entertainment Venues market report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Live Entertainment market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Covered in this report
The live events examined in this report are broken into four general categories as follows:
- Music Events: Includes concerts, live musical performances at concert venues for which attendees pay an entrance price; and music festivals, defined as music events held on consecutive days in which various musical artists perform live.
- Comedy Events: Includes stand-up shows, live comedic performances for which attendees pay an entrance price; and comedy festivals, defined as comedy events held on consecutive days in which various comedians perform live.
- Stage Events: Includes musical theatre performances, nonmusical stage performances, ballet performances, opera, and live stage performances that do not conform to the above definitions (eg alternative/performance art) for which attendees pay an entrance price.
- Next-Gen Events: Includes fan conventions, single- or multi-day events for which attendees pay an entrance price that focus on showcasing a fan interest, such as comic books; and live podcast recordings, for which attendees pay an entrance fee to see a podcast host or hosts record an episode live at a venue.
The definition does not include the many festivals organized by local councils that hold a variety of arts-based events usually over the course of a month; events where admission is free, such as neighborhood or food festivals; industry conventions; or sporting events of any kind.
For the purposes of this report, Mintel has defined attendees as adults aged 18+ who have attended at least one live event in the last 12 months. Throughout the report, those who have attended a live event are referred to as “attendees,” “goers,” “audience members,” or “fans,” while events are also referred to as “performances” or “events” of their larger category.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Mike Gallinari, a leading analyst in the Travel & Leisure sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
The live event space is rife with varied interests that cater to the tastes of a wide range of demographics, and in many respects this diversity strengthens the industry. However, there are areas in which live event categories can improve their appeal, as well as looming demographic outlooks that can throw the industry off guard if not prepared for.
Travel & Leisure Analyst
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.