US Small Kitchen Appliances market report
"After years of stable gains, small kitchen appliance sales remained relatively flat due in part to the struggling beverage making appliance segment. Going forward, product innovations that focus on design and function, as well as a stabilizing beverage maker segment, may help restore category growth."
- Small kitchen appliance market experiences flat sales in 2016
- Household penetration of staples is widespread
- Older generations less engaged in category
This Report covers small kitchen appliances, including electrical appliances for cooking, food preparation, and beverage making. For the purpose of this Report, Mintel has segmented the small kitchen appliance market as follows:
- Small cooking appliances – Products designed for tabletop cooking, heating, or reheating food; includes toasters/toaster ovens, deep fryers, slow cookers, roaster ovens, tabletop convection ovens, indoor grills, rice cookers, electric pressure cookers, waffle makers, popcorn makers, treat makers, and ice cream/yogurt makers. Microwave ovens are excluded.
- Food preparation appliances – Appliances used to prepare food prior to cooking or in lieu of cooking; includes food processors, stand mixers, blenders, choppers, and electric knife sharpeners.
- Beverage making appliances – Products used to make beverages; includes drip coffeemakers, single-serve and espresso coffeemakers, electric kettles, juice extractors, and citrus juicers. Carbonated beverage makers are excluded from the market size but discussed in The Consumer section. Non-electric coffeemakers, such as stovetop espresso/cappuccino makers are excluded and not covered in The Consumer section.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.