US Snacking Motivations and Attitudes Market Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Snacking Motivations and Attitudes market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry and how fast are its rates of growth? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
For the purposes of this Report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
This report builds on the analysis presented in Snacking Motivations and Attitudes – US, April 2015.
Mintel provides a comprehensive analysis of the following factors that have the greatest potential to impact the snacking category:
- How snacking is defined, especially as its definition has broadened and new food and beverage categories continue to enter this space.
- Snacking frequency and the main drivers or motivations for snacking occasions, including functional and emotional reasons.
- The most important features consumers consider when buying snacks related to health, brand, packaging, and flavor.
- How consumers’ snacking choices differ by occasion, and how snacks fit into consumers’ lifestyles.
- The snacking retail landscape including other retail channel entry (eg snacking subscription services, non-food retailers).
- How health, convenience, and eating habits impact consumer attitudes toward snacking
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Beth Bloom, a leading analyst in the Food & Drink sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
A high percentage of US adults snack daily, making snacking a huge opportunity for engagement. While the incidence of snacking has remained steady in recent years, frequency is on the rise with the growth coming from snackers, who are upping their snack frequency from 1 time per day to 2-3 times. While health is a factor for consideration, the highest percentage of snackers do so for a treat, meaning even health-focused snacks should appeal with enjoyment.
Associate Director - Food & Drink
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.