US Sports, Nutrition and Performance Drinks Market Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Sports, Nutrition and Performance Drinks market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Covered in this report
For the purposes of this report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
- Sports drinks: liquid drinks and drink mixes designed specifically to help people perform and recover better from physical activity (eg Gatorade or Powerade). For the purpose of consumer data reporting, post-workout drinks are broken out as a separate measure
- Performance drinks: liquid drinks and drink mixes marketed for enhanced sports performance (eg Muscle Milk, Core Power). For the purpose of consumer data reporting, pre-workout and protein drinks are broken out as a separate measure
- Weight loss drinks: liquid drinks and drink mixes that are specifically positioned to aid in weight loss efforts (eg SlimFast and Atkins)
- Nutritional drinks: liquid drinks and drink mixes that offer nutrition and convenience and fill a specific nutritional need, such as providing additional amounts of vitamins/minerals to supplement a regular diet or support a special diet. Examples include Ensure, Glucerna, Boost, and meal replacements, such as Carnation Instant Breakfast
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Karen Formanski, a leading analyst in the Health and Wellness sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
MULO sales of sports, nutrition and performance drinks have steadily recovered. However, factors that likely contributed to those losses continue to put pressure on the market. Increased competition from functional beverages in other categories, along with mounting distaste for artificial ingredients, are obstacles to major growth.
Health and Wellness Analyst
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.